THE Annual Charlene Wilson Show took place on Sunday, August 18 and it was a brilliant day out for all the family. Thanks must firstly go to David, the main organiser of this event – it is thanks to his hard work over the years that has made this show so successful in remembering Charlene.
Thanks, must also go to all those who supported David in the run up, for sorting out the posters and entry sheets and organising volunteers; to the commentators, Laura Moore and Michelle O’Neill; Course Builder Seamus McCaffery; Entry Clerks and Gate Helpers. It is not possible to name everyone, but they know who they are – thanks again for their help, this ensured the show went off without a hitch.
It is great to see so many of the riders having progressed over the years and thank you to them for their continued support. Next year will mark the 20th Anniversary of Charlene’s death, please keep an eye out for next year’s details on the Facebook page.
With so many outstanding riders, the classes were highly competitive!
In the 148 Novice class, Anna McClean and ‘A Class Act’ travelled a long way to support the event and won the Smyth Memorial Cup.
The novelty classes were very competitive and even the rain didn’t put the competitors off giving it their best shot to win each of these highly sought after prizes.
There were also many more competitors who should be congratulated on their successful day at the show. Thanks to those who supported the Ferret Racing, it was great to see it well supported. The overall winner was ‘Spitfire’.
Thanks to Shirley Hawkes for her wonderful tribute to Charlene. Again, a huge thank you to all those who volunteered on the day. A huge thank you to everyone including all the great sponsors for their kind donations – it was greatly appreciated.
To keep up to date with the total and presentation, check out Facebook Charlene Wilson.
Sunday, August 18
Charlene Wilson Memorial Show
128 Novice – DC:
Eunan Kelly, Molly (winner of Ecclesville Cup); Caitlyn Kelly, Robin.
1) Caitlyn Kelly, Betty 32.71 secs (winner of the Late Nigel Allen Cup); 2) Eunan Kelly, Milly 32.85 secs; 3) Caitlyn Kelly, Robin 35.55 secs.
Kym Moore, Rosie (winner of the Lyons Transport Cup).
1) Lucy McCann, Joules (winner of the Waterson Family Cup) 33.20 secs; 2) Molly Quinn, Rosie 37.29 secs; 3) Hannah Jones, Rocket 38.79 secs.
1) Anna McClean, A Class Act (winner of the Smyth Memorial Cup).
Emily Marshall, Poppy; Kym Moore, Misty; Emma Forbes, Izzy; Amy McLaughlin, Rua; Eva Stubbs, Stonebrook Tosca; Emma Forbes, Holly.
1) Clara Daly and Lucky (winner of the Ivan Jobb Trophy) 33.30 secs; 2) Amy McLaughlin, Rua.
1) Eva Stubbs, Elsie (winner of the Benaughlin Stable Shield); 2) Julie Coulter, May.
1) Julie Coulter, May (winner of the Scissor Craft Shield); 2) Eva Stubbs, Elsie.
Intermediate Horse 90cm:
1) Saskia Hale, Pearl (winner of the RD Equestrian Shield); 2) Demi-Lee McKenna, What’s the Craic Jack.
Open Horse 1m:
1) Saskia Hale, Pearl (winner of the Wilson Family Shield).
Congratulations to all who took part in the Junior Show jumping Stakes – there are too many to name here, the winner of the Teddy Cup was Kathryn Walker and ‘Casper’.
1) Ella Cashel, Candy; 2) Ellie Armstrong, Sooty; =3) Shane Muarry, Softie; Ella Rose Alexander, Wee George.
1) Rachel McKernaghan, Lord Sambo; 2) Barbara Lunney, Toby.
1) Emma, TJ; 2) Shauna, Higgens; 3) Emma, Spot.
Top Score: 1) Anna McClean, A Class Act 1475; 2) Eva Stubbs, Stonebrook Tosca 1010; 3) Emma Forbes, Molly 900.
Ride and Run:
1) Jordan Mitchell with Hannah Jones and Rocket; 2) Anna McClean with Demi-Lee McKenna and A Class Act.