CONNELL Hill (Randalstown) was delighted to conclude their Summer Unregistered League on Saturday, with the prize fund of £1,000 going to those qualified combinations who came out on top across the classes! Competition has continued to run safely, meaning riders could thoroughly enjoy the show jumping courses each week, with classes starting at 70cm and going up to 1.30m. Each show was well supported and it was great to see such a superb standard of jumping throughout the league.
Gillian Creighton, the owner of Connell Hill Equestrian Centre, commented: “It has been fantastic to now conclude our second unregistered league of 2021, with no COVID 19 pauses or lockdowns. Thankfully, the weather has been kind each week and many horses and riders were able to enjoy healthy competition round inviting courses, suitable for all. Again, we have been delighted at the support this league has received and would like to thank all those competitors, who made this a great league to be involved in.”
At Connell Hill, the remainder of 2021 will see more unregistered and SJI show jumping, with both Autumn Leagues commencing the week beginning August 30. The centre also has an Unregistered Charity Show this Saturday, September 4, which they are looking forward to hosting, in aid of AHH Rheumatology Dept.
For more information on any of these events, and online entry, head to the Connell Hill website: at www.connell hillequestriancentre.com.
Saturday, August 28
Unregistered Horse and Pony Show jumping League – Grand Final
1) Sheelagh Canty, Henry of Dallas; 2) Lucy Cassidy, Mandy.
1) Helen Hoffin, Rachel; 2) Lucy Cassidy, Mandy; 3) Sophie Boyce, Paddy McGuinness, 4) Kirsten Morrison, Fraser.
1) Anthea Moffett, Pumba; 2) Callum Brown, George; 3) Sophie Boyce, Ariel; 4) Christopher Smith, Prince.
1) Eamon O’Connor, Dilemma; 2) Callum Brown, George; 3) Andrew McKinney, Zara; 4) Andrew McKinney, Charlie.
1) Melanie Moorhead, Mt Irish Twang; 2) Andrew McKinney, Zara; 3) Karen Fleck, Franko; 4) Brendan Doherty, Springhill Casanova.
1) Karen Fleck, Franko; 2) Melanie Moorhead, Mt Irish Twang; 3) Brendan Doherty, Springhill Casanova.