SilaSave is a cost-effective solution to reduce surface moulds, mycotoxins and waste on silage pits.
Surface waste presents a problem from a number of perspectives:
n the effects of moulds and mycotoxins present on production health and the fertility of your livestock;
n loss of valuable fodder;
n the amount of labour required to remove the waste and dispose of it in the spring;
The moulds present on the surface of the silage pit can produce a variety of mycotoxins. These moulds can sometimes be visible or invisible.
They grow best on the surface of the silage pit where pH is higher and growing conditions better than lower in the pit.
Mycotoxins, even at low levels, can have a significant effect on productivity, health and immunity, and fertility.
However, there is a simple cost-effective solution available from Inform Nutrition Ireland called SilaSave!
Use SilaSave to dramatically reduce moulds mycotoxins and surface waste on silage pits. Now on the market for well over 20 years, SilaSave is a well proven solution.
SilaSave is a blend of carefully chosen acid salts + triple action mould inhibitor.
It is spread on the surface and/or sides of the pit before it is covered. SilaSave inhibits the growth of moulds, and fungi in the top layer and sides of the pit.
Consider using SilaSave to:
n Reduce moulds and mycotoxins in your silage to improve your herd performance;
n To save money – SilaSave is a cost-effective way of reducing surface waste on silage;
n SilaSave is a proven product, on the market now for over 20 years;
n The reason many farmers buy SilaSave is to reduce labour at feeding time.
n For further information please contact your local stockist.
This page is available to subscribers. Click here to sign in or get access.